Mental illness – a health issue
October 3, 2019
‘Holy Goat’, ‘Believers’ Beef Burger’ at ‘Priests Can Cook 3’
October 5, 2019

Where’s Your Blackberry? Your E-Waste Is Your Responsibility

Humans generate a lot of e-waste, 50 million tonnes globally according to the World Economic Forum, an international organisation for Public-Private Cooperation. It expects this figure will double if things remain unchanged.

“The situation is not helped by the fact that only 20% of global e-waste is formally recycled. The remaining 80% is often incinerated or dumped in landfill. Many thousands of tonnes also find their way around the world to be pulled apart by hand or burned by the world’s poorest workers. This crude form of urban mining has consequences for people’s wellbeing and creates untold pollution. See more.

Where’s your electronic junk?

Subscribe or login below to view the rest of this story.

Subscribe to the Digital Archive | Log-In to Catholic News.