Recommended ritual for ‘Sunday Word of God’January 19, 2021
Restoration of St Francis RC, Belmont begins in MarchJanuary 19, 2021
Enthroned in the family home
- Family gathers in a suitable room.
- The head of the household enters the room with the Bible, accompanied by a vigil light carried by a member of the family.
- They will process to the centre of the room where a table has been placed to receive the Bible and the lighted candle.
- Acclamation or a suitable psalm can be sung or a suitable hymn. “Praise the Word of the Lord, praise the Word of our God.”
- The opening prayer of the 3rd Sunday of Ordinary Time is used.
- The family members can share on their favourite Bible passages and how these have helped them.
- Prayers of intercession- This should have a few lines of prayer dedicated to those who study the Word (theologians), teach the Word (catechists), proclaim the Word (preachers), preserve the Word in their lives (Christian faithful).
- Let us pray for those who study and teach the Word that they will be able to present us with the truth as revealed by God.
- For catechists in our Archdiocese and in our parishes, that when imparting the Word in their varying sessions, they will enlighten those taught with a clearer understanding of the revealed Word of God.
- For those who preach the Word at our various celebrations, that they will give their listeners a clearer insight to the revealed truth.
- That in listening to the Word, revealed and preached, they find their life further nurtured with the love of God.
- For the members of our family, that we will cherish the Word of God daily in our lives and allow it to influence us in a wonderful way in our daily activities.
- The Our Father is said, the Hail Mary and Glory Be or the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary (The Baptism of Jesus, the Wedding Feast of Cana, the Proclamation of the Kingdom of Heaven, the Transfiguration and the Institution of the Eucharist).
- A Blessing by the head of the household is given:
- May Our Heavenly Father bless us all in this family—Amen
- May the Lord Jesus Christ, the Living Word of God guide us all with His Good News.— Amen
- And may the Holy Spirit enlighten us to cherish it—Amen
- A suitable hymn may be sung to end the ceremony and the Bible should be left where it was or put in a place of honour in the home.
Enthroned in school communities
Subscribe or login below to view the rest of this story.