Effective immediately and until further notice, “full precautionary” measures are to be followed at all Catholic Masses and Services because of the rapid spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
In a statement issued last Wednesday (March 4), the Archdiocese of Port of Spain advised:
1. Holy Communion will be distributed only in the hand (not on the tongue)
2. No distribution of the Precious Blood
3. At the exchange of the Sign of Peace, no handshakes are to be given (make a small bow instead) and no holding of hands during the Our Father
4. No holy water will be provided for use in public spaces
5. Ministers who distribute communion must sanitise hands before and after distribution
6. Sanitise or wash hands with soap before and after church and after leaving church restroom
7. Cough or sneeze into a flexed elbow or tissue, then throw tissue into a closed bin
8. Seek medical assistance and stay isolated if you exhibit any flu-like symptoms
Subscribe or login below to view the rest of this story.