Messing around with million$December 13, 2019
Digital me, my-true-self and iDecember 13, 2019
We’re well into Advent now but also preparing for Christmas, the season where we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. By now we are in full preparation mode with our cleaning, cooking and, of course, shopping.
This year, instead of the traditional gifts, here is a list of items for everyone on your shopping list:
- Friend/Co-worker—Poinsettia, also known as the Christmas star or Christmas flower, can be seen by the hundreds at plant shops in full bloom in all different sizes. They represent good cheer, success and celebration for the month of December. These beautiful shrubs are ideal for your close friend or co-worker for your office staff party.
- Children—Kids love to get creative. Use this opportunity to get them involved in gardening by purchasing a fairy garden kit, where they can have the opportunity to create their own miniature garden. There are also lots of kid-sized garden tools that you can purchase for them. Imagine their excitement when they can use them in the garden with you.
- Teenagers/Young adults–The future of our food production lies in the hands of our young people. There are many books available for your teenager teaching them about agricultural entrepreneurship. There are limitless options on the basics of hydroponics, crop production and even animal husbandry which will inspire your teenager to make an early agricultural investment.
- For Ladies—You can never go wrong with a beautiful flowering annual or perennial. Roses, desert roses, lilies, petunias and orchids are just a few of the many that will be cherished. For an added touch, you can include fertiliser and garden accessories to complete your gift.
- For Gents—A new weed wacker, mist blower, power washer, hedge trimmer or spray-can will not only bring joy to his eyes but also ensure that your garden maintenance is done all year round, free of charge!
I wish all ‘Green Thumb’ readers a Happy and Holy Christmas. May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill and always remember Jesus is the reason for the season!
Subscribe or login below to view the rest of this story.