Members of the public are sharpening their chops for the third installment of the Priests Can Cook 2019 on Friday, September 27, at the Grand Stand, Queen’s Park Savannah. Rev Derek Walcott will once again put on his ‘Deacons are born to serve’ apron at Friday’s event to serve up his special dish titled ‘Kingfish in Sedition Sauce’.
Here’s the recipe — before it’s taken before the (fore) court. Actually, he told Catholic News a Duke will be there! What, son?
RECIPE: KINGFISH IN SEDITION SAUCE
Ingredients for the fish
• 1-½ lbs kingfish whole fillet from the North Coast
• 4 tbsp of butter at room temperature
• 1 tbsp of paprika
• 1 tbsp of chopped parsley, chives, chadon beni for garnish
• 1 tbsp of lemon or lime juice
• 1 tsp of tamarind sauce
• Salt and pepper to your preference
1. Preheat oven to 400 ° F and butter or grease a baking sheet.
2. Combine the butter, paprika, parsley, chives, chadon beni, lemon juice and tamarind sauce as well as salt and pepper and stir until well blended.
3. Spread the butter mixture over the entire fillet both sides. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper (optional)
4. Transfer to baking sheet and roast fish until it’s done and opaque in the centre. (This took approx 30-40 minutes with this size fish)
5. Transfer fish to platter, tent with foil for a few minutes while you make the Sedition Sauce.